A quick roundup of figure news from the past couple of days, including the announcement of a Zero no Tsukaima Tabitha figure from Kotobukiya, an opulent Valkyrie Profile Lenneth from Square Enix, a line of Street Fighter Revoltech action figures coming from Kaiyodo, and the release of several highly anticipated items including Max Factory’s Mitsumasa-sculpted Ino from Guilty Gear. Read on for more:
- Kotobukiya opened preorders yesterday for a Tabitha PVC from Zero no Tsukaima. She’s 1/8 scale (20 cm tall) and comes with a removable cloak, and is set for release in May at 5,040 yen. The sculptor is at this point unknown. On the heels of the recently announced Tabitha pillowcase she’s sure seeing a lot of love this week…
- As of yesterday preorders for this magnificent Lenneth polystone figure from Square Enix’s Valkyrie Profile. The production credit goes to the “Square Enix Merchandising Department”, so who knows what that means, but it’s hard to argue the epic status of this kit. Standing at 42 cm in height, it’ll run you a cool 56,700 yen when it’s released in May. According to the Amiami listing the figure was originally scheduled for an October release last year but was pushed back, which would probably account for why I thought I’d seen it before… strictly speaking this isn’t a new preorder, but one worth noting regardless.
- As mentioned in our last figure post, Max Factory’s Figma Lelouche action figure from Code Geass was unsealed yesterday. It’s now up for preorder around the internets with a March street date and a sculpting credit to Masaki Apsy, and is scheduled to retail at 2,500 yen and 16 cm tall.
- A line of Kaiyodo’s Revoltech action figures has been announced on the official Revoltech blog to correspond with the release of Street Fighter Online Mouse Generation. Other than the fact that the figures are currently in the planning stages not much is known about them, but we’ll be keeping an eye open for further information.
Now On Sale
- Goodsmile’s Melissa Serafi PVC from Waga Mama Capriccio (reissue) [Amiami]
- Wave’s Tsuruya-san and Kyon’s sister PVC set from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu [Amiami]
- Solid Theater’s Makimoto Misae PVC from Jingai Makyou Chaos Gate [Play Asia]
- [ERO] Toy’sworks’ Shana (caped nekomimi ver.) PVC from Shakugan no Shana [Play Asia]