A roundup of the figure stuff that happened while I was off in Butlerland over the past week. Includes a new entry in Kotobukiya’s To Heart 2 maid series, preorders for Max Factory’s Kemeko and MM, new items from Musashiya and Taki Corporation, a first color look at [ERO] Goodsmile’s Chu Chu Astram, and more!
- Preorders are now open for Kotobukiya’s Tonami Yuma (maid ver.) PVC from To Heart 2. She’s due out at 1/8 scale (20 cm tall) with a sculpt from newcomer Kiyohara Hideaki, and is scheduled for release in May of this year at 6,090 yen. An alternate pink version is available in limited release from the Kotobukiya online shop.
- The Nendoroid Plus Kemeko and 1/8 scale MM figure that we’ve been following for the past few months from Max Factory and Kemeko Deluxe are now available for preorder. The sculpt for both is credited to Itou Reiichi and Max Factory and both are due out in May, with Kemeko coming in at 4,000 yen (10 cm tall) and MM arriving at 6,800 yen (17.5 cm tall). Purchasing both allows them to be displayed in a docking configuration (as we discovered earlier, Kemeko is the mobile combat suit that MM rides in).
- Musashiya has preorders open for two new 1/5 scale cold cast figures: [ERO] Chou’un Shiryuu from Ikkitousen and Hoshino Ruri (16 year old #4, maid gothic lolita ver.) from Martian Successor Nadesico. Both are due out in March with sculpts from Karumagi Ushio, with Chou’un clocking in at 23,100 yen and 33 cm tall and Ruri at 20,790 yen and 32 cm tall.
- Taki Corporation has a preorder up for a new [ERO] Kanu Unchou (china dress ver.) PVC from Ikkitousen. It’s due out in March at 1/7 scale with a sculpt from someone too embarrassed to lend his or her name to the credit; 9,240 gets you a change to a rather bulky-looking school swimsuit and an extra set of hands. At the risk of death by punnery, perhaps they should change the company name to Tacky Corporation… Not sure if this one is a full castoff this time around, but I’m equally unsure if anyone cares. -_-;;
- Happinet opened a preorder for their Priecia PVC from Prism Ark. She’s due out at 1/8 scale (22 cm tall) with a sculpt from Kibayashi Norio, and is set to retail in April at 8,190 yen (ouch). From the seams on her shirt and skirt, her original eroge source, and the unusually high price, I’m guessing the figure will be castoffable to at least some degree.
- First scooped at Wonder Festival last summer and then again in at November’s Dengeki Hobby Festival, Akiba Blog hosted a guest column from Goodsmile on Sunday featuring the first color shots of their [ERO] Chu Chu Astram from Unisonshift eroge Chu Chu Idol to make it online. Given the smart design, clear part gimmick and castoff options this is an item I think a lot of us will be anticipating as more news becomes available! Sculpt from Kaiya Hajime (Acetone).
- In action figure news, the official site for Max Factory’s Figma line has been updated with the news that their Lelouche figure from Code Geass will be unsealed on January 17th (and presumably available for preorder shortly thereafter). It’s interesting to note that the figure is being released in conjunction with Banpresto, which means that it’s consistent with other Geass figure projects in that Bandai is somehow involved (Banpresto is Bandai’s toy/game arm, Megahouse is their figure arm, and B-Club is a Bandai affiliate as well).
- In other Figma news two new Nagato Yuki Figma commercials are online at the official site, viewable back to back in the video above. They reuse footage from the previous commercials, but are worth watching for the wacky voiceovers from (presumably) Ono Daisuke and Sugita Tomokazu.
- Finally, garage kit dealer Vispo has updated his “making of” page for Gurren Lagann’s Yoko (21 year old ver.) a third and final time. I’m guessing we won’t see a color version until next month’s Wonder Festival or shortly before, but here’s hoping for a PVC release in addition to the resin.
That’s a rap for this past week in figure news; stay tuned for the resumption of our regular figure news and review update schedule!