Originally written as a reply to this post, what follows is an attempt to sort out the mess that was the past year in Ikkitousen figure releases (from Goodsmile and Comic Gum alone). Hopefully those tracking Ikkitousen releases will find the following list useful (and will correct me if there are any inaccuracies):
Here’s how the recent Comic Gum Ikkitousen figure landscape looks to me, in roughly chronological order:
- A black gothic lolita Kanu Unchou was available via magazine mail order in early ’07.
- Goodsmile announced a white version of the gosurori Kanu from (1) for general release.
- Over the summer three magazine mail order only figures were available. Hakufu, Ryomou, and Kanu.
- Comic Gum made three special edition black versions of previously released figures available for purchase via their online shop: Kanu from (1), Hakufu, and Ryomou (magazine limited releases from last year which were subsequently given wide release in alternate colors by Goodsmile, I believe).
- Goodsmile announced a black general release version of the limited release Hakufu from (3).
- This trading figure set was announced for magazine limited mail order.
Of the above list the items most likely to be widely available are the general releases from Goodsmile (see the bottom of this page) followed by the black versions formerly available from the Comic Gum official web shop; the others are all magazine order only and therefore much more hard to come by.
If there are any mistakes or omissions here by all means let me know; the array of limited, semi-limited and unlimited varieties of the same figures issued over and over again is enough to make a poor fellow’s head spin.