A survey of some of the random items up for grabs at August’s upcoming Comic Market 72, including a fleet of hug pillows, a brace of doujin figures, a pair of plushes, a sausage, and a folding fan. Mero~n!
- The paper version of the Comiket 72 catalog went on sale last Saturday, with the CD-ROM version scheduled for release on July 28th. Cover images from both catalogs are available at the event’s official site.
Dakimakura – hug pillows
- The Dakimakura Integrated Research Institute is compiling a comprehensive list of all the hug pillows to be available at Comic Market 72, including both industry and circle representation. The list is currently at 18 entries and is likely to grow as the event approaches. I’m liking the look of dakimakura.net’s [ERO] Rider-sensei, and the news that [ERO] Issuisha is putting out a Fujino pillow from Hatsuinu is quite welcome as well. :3
- Circle Chocolate Shop‘s C72 release is dubbed Gothic Lolita Mariage, and consists of a 50-page volume of [ERO] doujin paired with a T’s System sculpted 15 cm tall “Dorothea” figure. The price is not listed, but those interested can find the item on Friday, August 17th, East hall katakana “shi”, space 29a. As with Chocolate Shop’s past releases this is likely to be available at shops such as Toranoana following the event.
- [ERO] Circle Keumaya has returned from a trip to China to supervise the production of his latest PVC kit, set for sale at Comiket. Details such as circle space and price are unknown, but we’ll be keeping an eye on this. In recent years Keumaya has been known for his experimentation (and challenges faced) with “soft parts” long before the major makers started risking them in mainstream kits; his gimmick this time around appears to be die-cast metal parts integrated into the kit assembly.
- Circle Doujin Hoops reports that they will not be selling their “Rainy” plastic model kit at Comiket as advertised. Instead of nixing the project all together, however, it will be transferred to the authority of maker Atelier-Sai, and go on sale first at the Atsai booth at this summer’s Wonder Festival.
Nuigurumi – plush toys
- Melon Books is cooperating with artist Eretto of circle Utsura Uraraka to present Osuwari Melon-chan, a Chururized version of the official Melon Books mascot character, in nuigurumi form. She runs a bit pricey at 4,800 yen, but is 100% made in Japan. She will be available at the Melon Books industry booth on all three days of C72.
- As mentioned earlier, Goodsmile will have a Saber (lion ver.) plush for sale at the Capcom Comiket industry booth. She’s going for 2,500 yen and is part of the promotional effort for Capcom’s Fate / tiger coliseum PSP game.
Misc. Industry Goods
- [ERO] Eroge news site Game Style is commemorating its fifth anniversary with the release of a compilation of original illustrations from dozens of the most highly regarded eroge designers in the industry, set to go on sale at the Game Style C72 industry booth as well as via mail order online. This is an item I’m definitely looking forward to. :3
- What originated as an April Fool’s joke this year has become reality! Maritan sausages will go on sale at C72, the dubious food item sure to make your patriotism (or your lunch) rise in your chest. The few. The proud. The incontinent, was it?
- In Queen’s Blade news, Reina and Nanael cushion covers will go on sale at C72 in advance of their Cospa release date. A limited edition Tomoe folding fan will also be available exclusively at the event.
For use in fanning the dust away from your castoffable Tomoe figure, perhaps?