In today’s (first) update: A good batch of figure news in from Hobbynet, including the first scheduled releases of the 2007 calendar year in the form of various Figure Mate sets from Konami (Haruhi and Mechamusume represent!). Also on the plate are December releases in the Busou Shinki lineup that help us understand where the figure/game hybrid may be going, Kaiyodo’s Revoltec King Gainer (I need a King Gainaaaa~), a bunch of hot resin kits, a couple of miscellaneous PVCs, and a better look at Yujin’s Suigintou.
Now on Sale
- Toranoana’s Rozen Maiden Traumend Palm Characters trading figures
- Clayz’s Kanae x Sana resin kit from Pia Carrot he Youkoso!! G.O
- Kaiyodo’s Revoltec King Gainer action figure from Overman King Gainer
- Yamato’s Yumi Sayaka (special color ver.) PVC from Mazinger Z
ero ero yo~
- Kurushima’s Izumi resin kit from He is My Master
- Musashiya’s Kanu Unchou (M-moji post-battle ver.) resin kit from Ikkitousen
- E3 Staff’s Yakitate Japan Zenbu Yukino trading figures
- Atelier-sai’s Falcom Heroines trading figures
- Banpresto’s Maid Cafe Collection +2: Cafe Mailish Costume Girl PVC from their Costume Party series
- Banpresto’s Maid Cafe Collection +2: Cure Maid Cafe Costume Girl PVC from their Costume Party series
- CMS’s Itsuki Iori PVC from I”s Pure
- Yujin’s SRDX Suigintou PVC from Rozen Maiden
- Konami’s Negima Figure Mate Gakuen-hen trading figures
- Konami’s Weapon Set EX Tsugaru action figure accessory from Busou Shinki
- Konami’s Kishi-kei MMS Saifos action figure from Busou Shinki
- Konami’s Samurai-kei MMS Kureo action figure from Busou Shinki
- Konami’s Gokujou Seitokai Figure Mate vol. 2 trading figures
- Konami’s Ichigo Mashimaro Figure Mate trading figures
- Konami’s Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuu-utsu Figure Mate trading figures
- Konami’s Mechamusume Figure Mate trading figures
- E3 Staff’s Yukino collection may look good at this resolution, but given the maker’s previous track record it might be prudent to hold off on preorders until the finished product is available and has been reviewed by a disinterested third party. To those who clicked on the above link, thinking it couldn’t be that bad: you have my condolences.
- Despite the atrocious resolution of the images for the December release Busou Shinki expansion items, some useful information can be gleaned from the item descriptions Hobbynet provides – particularly interesting is the fact that the Tsugaru weapon set add-on comes with a “Busou Shinki access code”. If access to the online sandbox were predicated on owning one of the character figures to which you would then append virtual accessories online there would be no need for an access code to come with the hardware acessories, so my current theory is that you gain mod options for the online iteration of your character by purchasing physical add-ons and entering their codes into your online profile, thus enabling your online character to mimic the physical appearance of the one you’ve built/modded from physical parts you purchased.
This seems like a decent solution to me, especially if the game is based more on skill than on cash outlay (i.e. you could win even with the basic hardware that comes with buying a single kit). Details are still scant, but we’ll keep you updated as further official information comes online.