In today’s update: Two new anime series sites are pre-launched, both with equally pretentious taglines; details from Comptiq on the PS2 release of Fate, a tsundere-only doujin event in March, Himajin renders their official site readable (will wonders never cease) and some blazing hot figure news.
- Straight from the tagline: “Madhouse launches the ultimate action fantasy series Kiba [trans. “Fang”], coming to TV screens in Spring 2006!!” I don’t know what they mean when they say “fantasy”, but given that single design sketch I’m thinking Nishi no Yoki Majo will be more in line with traditional conceptions of the term.
- Again, straight from the tagline: “Gonzo and Satellite present the epic space opera Garasu no Kantai [trans. “Fleet of Glass”], anime under development.” I don’t know what they mean when they say “epic space opera”, but given that single design sketch I’m thinking Legend of the Galactic Heroes was more in line with traditional conceptions of the term. Or not. Ok, I just wanted to recycle the paragraph.
- Web radio offerings today from Gun x Sword and Joshikousei.
- Gainax official site renewal!
- Scooped here a couple of days ago, Comptiq posts details on the Fate / stay night PS2 adaptation that is the cover story of their February edition (on sale yesterday). On sale simultaneously is this Fate Unlimited Guide (what / no slash?), complete with a 57 cm Saber “stand pop” freestanding poster, an original Fate anime pencil board, and a special postcard. No mention of ero material in either, so it should be safe to include in the Media Side…
- Another day, another maid cafe launch scooped by Akiba Blog, this one in Roppongi Hills. They’re escaping the bounds of Akiba and infecting greater Tokyo, apparently.
- This one going out to Albert: on March 5th there will be a tsundere only doujinshi convention in the Toritsu Sangyou Boueki Center in Hamamatsu-cho (Tokyo). Offending high-strung girls, getting punched, kissing and making up is preferred here.
- In eroanime news, hell freezes over as Himajin updates their site to a format that’s actually navigable. Items of note there include a reminder of the first installment of the second Ikusa Otome Valkyrie series on sale February 24th, and the announcement of a Mahou Shoujo Sae OVA based on the game and novel by the same name.
- New Site Launches / Release Announcements
- We’ve Got Movie Sign!!
- Sample CG
- I seem to recall scooping the release of these Yujin R.O.D trading figures a month or so ago, but I’ve seen nothing of them in shops or review sites. The sample images look pretty terrible but that may just be crappy camera work; I want to see the actual items (or a good Akibajin review) before making a purchase decision.
- Volume 8 of the Karin manga, out in mid-March, will come with a special Karin figure. Picking up February’s edition of Dragon Age Pure will give you the chance to obtain this alternate version of the figure via mail order, as well as the below-pictured Tsubame from Tsubame Syndrome. The latter is particularly enticing. :3
- [ERO] Speaking of particularly enticing figures, due out in April is this Zero no Mono-designed “Shino” PVC from Fox Publishing / Toranoana. Shiny…
- Out on January 27th, the March edition of Dengeki Comic GAO will include an Ureshiko figure from Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo. At that resolution it’s hard pass judgement, but luckily Akibajin steps into the breach.
- According to Figure Alternative it is now open season for preorders on Megahouse’s Meer ver. 2 (swimsuit edition) PVC from Gundam SEED Destiny. Banzai~