is Gokujou Seitokai the next Marimite?
- J.C. Staff has a rather detailed page up for Gokujou Seitokai. Is this the next Marimite? I don’t see any men in that cast (aside from the muppet). In fact, this shit looks awesome. The first episode aired last night and if it turns out to be the best thing since sliced bread you’ll see a review of it here. Or on some other anime blog.
- There are some rather large Ichigo Mashimaro advertisements in Yamanote line stations in Tokyo.
- I’d wager this site has a promotional video available for at least one show you haven’t seen.
- UFOtable’s Futakoi Alternative site has character designs and descriptions available. The first episode of this also aired yesterday and will be viewed shortly. Salivating like a Pavlovian dog over this one.
- Avex Mode has an Ichigo 100% page up. This looks really, really bad. It also looks like they pulled the Tenjou Tenge color picker out of the rubbish heap he was sleeping in to work his horrid miracles once again. They should have shot him when they had the chance.
Odds and Ends
- D3 has a page up for their upcoming (April 29th) Yakin Byouto 2 ep. 3 release. I was hoping this would up the futanari ante over episode two, but from the preview shots available it doesn’t look like she’ll be getting much screen time. Alas.
- Some wacky Slayers/Orphen crossover book is coming out in the later part of June.
- It looks like Shuffle is getting the Weekly Dearest My Brother treatment, with regular releases of figure/book sets starting in September.
- An interesting cosplay event occurred last Sunday. A gang of cosplayers rented a house that apparently stands empty for use as a photo studio, and charged photographers 5000-6000 yen per person for access to them for a few hours of picture taking. I had no idea this sort of event existed (or that an unoccupied house could be profitable in this way), but it’s not something I’m surprised by. I guess I don’t know much about the freelance cosplayer scene here.